Ever thought about how much your food intake affects the climate? According to CONCITO, changes to our diet alone has the potential to reduce CO2 emissions related to the food sector with a whopping 64%.
Thus, it actually does make quite a difference what you put on your plate. As part of the Comarché universe, we’ll inspire you to a range of climate friendly dishes that are as delicious as they are considerate.
We’re starting out with our take on a simple seasonal salad. Perfect as a side for your Holiday Feast.
Recipe: Nordic Autumn Salad
A crisp and refreshing and not to mention oh so healthy salad. Easy and simple as it takes less than 10 minutes to make depending on your slicing skills!
- Slice cabbage and kale either fine or rough depending on your preference.
- Mix it with small slices of apple.
- Arrange it on a platter.
- In a small bowl combine mustard, olive oil and lemon juice and pour over the salad.
- On a hot pan roast the hazelnuts in vinegar and salt. Set aside to cool.
- Chop them roughly and sprinkle over the salad.
And it’s ready to be served. Enjoy.
Ingredients (3-4 pers.)
100 g green kale
50 g red cabbage
1 tbsp sweet mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
Handful of hazelnuts
2 tbsp vinegar
Salt & pepper
Carbon Footprint: 445 g CO2e Per Serving
Recipe and photography is brought to you in collaboration with Tomorrow’s Cravings – Inspiration for conscious and everyday-friendly meals, published by Tomorrow Management.